What is the best treadmill for running?
Treadmills are exercise machines that help to burn calories in the body by allowing one to walk or run without leaving the place where you are. Treadmills use a wide belt powered by a motor as a moving platform on which users walk or run in a direction opposite to that of the belt’s movement at a speed to match that of the belt. If you want to buy the best treadmill for running, it is extremely important to buy it from a well-known brand
Here is a list of some popular treadmill brands arranged in no particular order:
1. Nordictrac- this is the bestselling brand of treadmills. Their treadmills are renowned for their high quality, ease of use and storage as well as their durability. Its most popular model is Commercial 500.
2. Precor Treadmills-it produces 5 treadmill brands including the award winning model 9.31. It mainly focuses on the high end market with its prices ranging between $2000 and $4000. Their treadmills are highly regarded for their quality and excellent warranty package which includes a 10 year guarantee on parts and lifetime warranty on welds and frame.
3. Weslo Treadmills-prices of these treadmills range from $100 to &500 hence they are regarded for their affordability.
4. Proform Treadmills- these treadmills feature an innovative design that allows users to engage in multiple activities like watching television while working out. This helps to reduce boredom and increase the user’s morale.
5. Sole Treadmills -its treadmills range in price from $1000 to $2300. They pride themselves on customer satisfaction and making treadmills of the highest quality which enjoy 30 year warranty on the motor and a lifetime cover for the frame.
6. Tunturi Treadmills- Tunturi treadmills are known for their stylish design and their prices range from $1400 to $2300. Its most popular model is the JF7 model which is specifically made for home use.
Factors to consider when buying the best treadmill for running:
1. Price- higher quality treadmills generally cost more than low quality ones. Decide how much you want to spend before you go shopping for a treadmill and chose one that fits your budget.
2. Safety- every treadmill should be equipped with features that help to avoid injury. A very important feature every shopper should be on the lookout for is the automatic shut-off that minimizes risk of injury in case of a slip of the foot or if you are unable to keep up with the belt speed due to exhaustion.
3. Warranty- it is important to read and understand the warranty statement well to ensure you get a treadmill that is properly covered in case something happens to it.
4. Size- ensure you buy a treadmill compact enough to fit in the area where you intend to put while leaving enough allowance for a reasonable safety zone around it.
5. Function- look out for factors such as belt size and speed, motor horsepower and longevity as well as incline capability as these are likely to affect the workout quality.
6. Features- check for availability and ease of use of the control display screen as well as the options available. Also assess the information available on the display as well as the preprogrammed workouts.
7. Purpose- selection is based on the intended purpose of the machine. If you intend to use the treadmill for running an ideal option would one with higher belt speed, and more stable support than one intended for walking.